NEW ORLEANS – The New Orleans office of the Louisiana Department of Revenue has resumed full customer service operations five days a week for individual and business taxpayers, the department announced Tuesday.
“We recognize that reducing operations to one-day-a-week-by-appointment-only several years ago left a void for taxpayers in the New Orleans area,” Secretary of Revenue Kimberly Lewis Robinson said. “With the stabilization of our budget under the Edwards administration, we are able to resume the level of customer service that New Orleans-area taxpayers need and deserve.”
The office is open for walk-in customer service Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Services include:
· Filing and paying business taxes
· Submitting completed state individual income tax returns (staff cannot assist with the completion of tax returns)
· Boat registrations
· ATC/Video Poker/Lottery/Driver’s License/Wildlife & Fisheries tax clearances
· Payment plans
· Special events registrations
· Resolving bank levies and wage garnishments
The office is located at:
1450 Poydras Street, Suite 800
New Orleans, LA 70112
For more information, call 855.307.3893.
For media inquiries, contact:
Public Information Director